One Of The Keys: The Sunbeam

The wind kept still and I could hear my shoes hitting the rocks below me. Harley had disappeared from view; I couldn't even hear her rustling in the woods off the path, chasing after usual fluttering wings or quick lizards. My world was suddenly just my own heartbeat, drained breath, and those shoes- sounding louder than thunder on the gravel road.


The muggy heat covered me like an outer peel. I could feel the sweat stinging the back of my arms as the sun clouded my vision, or was that mist? I strained to fight through exhaustion until I managed to focus my eyes on something bright to the right of me. I was looking down at my canine friend standing knee deep in the flowing water beside the most celestial sunbeam coming from outer space. I stood, unable to take my face away from its grace.

Immediately, my mind jerked me back to the memory of a quote I'd read recently that summarized a quick explanation of quantum entanglement. I began to feel drawn to this sunbeam like it was life itself, and I felt every part of me on fire with response to it. This was an extra arm reaching out of me and into the heavens, pulling my mind through the dark forest and away from my current station. I felt like a time traveler, and Harley was my guide. She had found the portal, after all.

This was a moment of connection, and I was being transported straight towards that ancient & nurturing force that has been since time dawned. My message was that there was a healing, warm fire from the sun that could break through the darkest of wooded places and touch me anytime I looked for it. And I would have never seen it if I'd not been away from the world, walking and walking and walking through nature until my breathing grew heavy and the atmosphere grew still. I had to push myself through heat and past civilization, be alone and separated from media and humanity. I had to slow down and put myself in a raw, unsheltered headspace. And that sunbeam was only visible to someone who happened to walk by that quiet, flowing river, taking the time to look over the ledge of the road and glance down into the hollow.

This revelation was another key to fostering my Eden. It takes a certain fire to sustain life and pleasure, for fire is life and pleasure. It's a creative build & drive that I feel at one with; a force that keeps me sane, safe, and whole. I sometimes imagine this sun of ours being the realm of an angel, and its fire not unlike desire; something strong and natural that I'm always trying to hold onto despite little minds doing their best to dissuade me. There is one thing about all these keys I keep finding, though. They get heavy if you horde and keep them. Hiding them in the heart can weigh a person down.

Once you find a key and unlock a door, you no longer need to hang onto it. So give it away! Not everyone has access to an excessive walk though the dark woods, leading to a magic stream and a Hollywood-grade sunbeam shining down from outer space. There might be someone sitting in a tower somewhere like Rapunzel, unable to free themselves long enough to go hunting for keys. And what if Rapunzel has high social clearance? Would I rather let her sit there unhappy and prone to dumping her pain all over everybody, or would I rather hand her a key to something beautiful? All misery does is breed more. Remember that quantum entanglement thing? What about latching onto others with an aura of misery, causing the response to be the same? We tend to give what we get. This is why it's so important to take the time for introspection, and to surround ourselves with the right things. One of my right things is nature. I see epiphanies through things like sunbeams- and plants.

When I look at a flower or a tree, I see a life living in its own world. I see its state of health and figure out how to use what it's using in order to sustain my own. The water keeps flowing, so I do, too. The bird keeps singing, so I do, too. The sunflower reaches its face to the sun. I respond in unity. What do too many buzzing wires and electric lights do to a delicate moth? They'll confuse and kill it. So I cut off my electricity at dusk and exist in harmony with the night creatures. It's nice. With open windows, it brings me back to a place of peace and meditation before bed. And that, I've found, is a tremendous thing.
 Now take this key that the sunbeam across the water showed me this morning. Use it to open whatever portal you wish, and then toss it over to your neighbor. Eventually, all of us will be able to find all the best stars.





Comments

Popular Posts